1. Thank you
A huge thank you to everyone who came to our recent fund raising events and to everyone who helped to run them:
– Wine and Tapas Lunch on 21st June when we raised £440. Thank you to Hazel and Michael Wilson for suggesting and hosting the lunch, and to Hazel for providing all the delicious tapas dishes.
– Sparkling Summer Tea Party on 28th July when we raised £1,022. Thank you to Lady Janet Glover for inviting us to use the marquee in her beautiful garden and for providing the prosecco, and to everyone who provided and served the amazing tea.
2. Future events
A wide range of fund raising events are being planned by many people for the coming year. Please do support us in helping to raise the funds still needed to rebuild St Peter’s Church. We would love to see you at any (or all!) of the following events:
– Ropley Fete on Saturday, 14th September on the Recreation Ground (or in the Parish Hall if wet). See page ?? for more details.
– Ex Collegio choral concert on Saturday, 21st September in St John’s Church, Alresford from 7.30pm.
– Around the World Tasting Supper on Friday, 11th October from 7.30 pm in the Parish Hall.
– Talk by Nigel Atkinson on Thursday, 31st October at 7.30 pm in the Parish Hall about his work as the Lord Lieutenant of Hampshire.
3. How to join The Friends
It’s very easy! Contact Ken Ingle (01962 772230) for more details. A minimum donation of £10 is all that is required.
4. Ideas for Fund Raising
If you have any ideas for fund raising events but either want help in running them or want someone else to run them, please let us know. Contact Alison Wood on 01962 773603.