The Society is once again delighted to be able to offer some cash grants to village clubs, societies and organisations for 2020.
Funds will be made available on the following basis:
- Funding is available to any non-political community group based in the Ropley area.
- Funding requests must be in writing and explain what the funding is for.
- Grants will normally be given to either charities or not for profit organisations
- The funding request should be for one or more capital items, grants are not intended to support general running costs.
- Grants will not normally be considered for organisations with sufficient funds in reserves to cover the costs on their own behalf
- The maximum funding available to any group is £500 per annum.
- The committee’s decision on awards is final.
Funding requests should be emailed to the Society’s Chair Carole Oldham by the end of March for consideration at our Committee Meeting in April.
Email requests for funding to Secretary@ropleysociety.org
Village Spring Clean
If you have an hour or two spare and have not already volunteered to do “your bit” and would like to join us in our annual clean-up of the village’s roads and lanes please email your details to Keith Monkhouse at firstname.lastname@example.org giving the location you would like to clear and your name will be passed to the coordinator for your location. The Ropley Society can provide Hi Vis vests and rubbish pickers on request.
Society’s Annual Photographic Competition – calling all amateur local photographers.
We had a record number of submissions for the 2019 competition so with the approach of Spring please remember to take your camera with you when out and about. Photographs can be from anywhere within the BisMonRopTis area and the competition is open to anyone who receives BisMonRopTis. Further details to follow later in the year.
2019 Dates for your diaries – meetings open to all
- Thursday 2nd April – The Society’s AGM our speaker will be Russell Gordon Smith. French prisoners of war from the Napoleonic era held in Alresford
- Thursday 4th June – Social evening
- Thursday 15th October – Photographic Competition evening
Keep up to date with information from the Society via our website at www.ropleysociety.org