“The parish council is a corporate body, acting in its own name which undertakes the powers, functions and responsibilities conferred on it by statute, these include the authority to raise money through taxation (the precept)”
Ropley Parish Council has nine councillors and part of their remit is to:-
- influence and shape the long term development policy for the parish, and as part of the planning process, comment on planning applications in the parish
- aim to improve the quality of life and the environment in their local area
- work to identify issues which are important to the lives of the residents they represent
- work to bring about improvements through local projects, lobbying other service providers and working in partnership with other parishes and agencies
Ropley Parish Council meets on the first Tuesday of every month at 7.30 p.m. at the Parish Hall (small hall) and parishioners are welcome to attend any meetings.
The agenda for the upcoming meeting will be published once available.
Click on any of the links to explore further:
- The Council & its responsibilities
- Your Councillors
- Recent Council Draft Minutes
- Current Parish Council Audit
- Notice of conclusion of audit
Contact your Parish Council clerk Becky French via firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact your EHDC councillor Charles Louisson: via email@example.com
Contact your Hants CC councillor (Petersfield Hangers) Russell Oppenheimer:
Mallards Mere, 15 Russell Way, Petersfield, GU31 4LD
Home Telephone: 01730 624310
Mobile: 07984 692367
(Ropley moved from ‘Alton Rural’ to ‘Petersfield Hangers’ with effect from May 2017)
Contact your Local MP, Damian Hinds:
You can contact your MP, Damian Hinds, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Damian also runs regular advice surgeries in East Hampshire and to make an appointment, please call his parliamentary office on 0207 219 7057 or send an email to the address above.
You will need to provide your full name, full address with postcode and contact telephone number, as parliamentary protocol prohibits Damian from acting for constituents who are represented by another MP.
If you would like more information about Damian and the East Hampshire constituency, please visit www.damianhinds.com or you can follow his latest news on Facebook www.facebook.com/damian.hinds/ or Twitter https://twitter.com/damianhindsmp