It appears increasingly likely that Coronavirus will become more widespread in the next two to four weeks. Our District Councillor, members of the Parish Council, the Ropley Society, the PCC and the Community Care Group have met to discuss how we, as a village, might take action to respond to this situation.
As a first step, we expect people to follow the Government guidelines. At present that would mean that people who have likely symptoms will need to self-isolate (DO NOT VISIT YOUR SURGERY).
However, we want to ensure that those in need have the necessary support during this period, and we hope that everyone will look out for his or her neighbour. This information will also be posted shortly to every property in the village so everyone is informed.
If you need to self-isolate, we suggest that you take the following steps:
- Tell a family member or a neighbour of your situation, so that they can support you.
- If you have no one who can take on this role, please telephone one of the following numbers:
- Norma Day – Churchwarden (Tel. 772267)
- Clare Welham – Vicar (Tel. 773075)
- Sarah Earthy – Churchwarden (Tel: 772450)
They will provide telephone support and help you access relevant help.
- For shopping, use a supermarket home delivery service if this is possible, or the Courtyard Village Shop (Tel. 773666), from which your order can be placed during weekday opening hours and either collected or delivery arranged through Community Care (Tel. 0750 295 3424).
- For prescriptions, telephone your surgery, which will either deliver to the Village Shop (Boundaries patients only), or you can arrange for collection by telephoning Community Care (Tel. 0750 295 3424). If applicable, prescriptions must be paid for before
- When you get better, please call back to spread the good news and allow us to support others.
If you can, keep a regular check on the myRopley website (www.myropley.org.uk), and the Ropley Society Communications email.
If you find yourself in financial hardship resulting from the pandemic, please contact the Ropley Fund which has limited funds available, via George Brown, 773013, or firstname.lastname@example.org