Ropley Neighbourhood Plan
Welcome to the Pre-Submission Plan Consultation
Following the approval by the Parish Council of the Pre-Submission Ropley Neighbourhood Plan, the public consultation on the contents of the plan is now underway. It runs for eight weeks from 31st January 2018 and finishes on 28th March 2018.
We Want Your Views
This is your opportunity to comment on ANYTHING in the plan. Please use the consultation webpage to do this. We have also made arrangements for villagers who are not online – see below.
The Consultation Process
- A public meeting was held at the Ropley Parish Hall on 30th January 2018 at 7.30pm which presented the consultation process and answered questions, as well as providing an overview of the pre-submission plan.
If you missed the meeting a copy of the presentation is here
- Drop in sessions will be held at the Ropley Coffee Rooms (next to the Courtyard Village Shop) on the following Saturday mornings to discuss the pre-submission plan and consultation, as well as providing help in completing the feedback process:
- 3rd February from 9.30am to 12.30pm
- 10th February from 1pm to 4pm
- 24th February from 9.30am to 12.30pm
- 10th March from 1pm to 4pm
- Hard copies of the Plan will be available to view at the following locations:
- The Courtyard Village Shop
- Watercress Medical Group Surgery
- Boundaries Surgery
- Alresford Surgery
- Alresford Library
- The plan can be viewed and/or downloaded here
Once you have looked at the plan, it is important that you tell us what you think about the plan and the proposed policies it contains, then let us know what, if anything, you would like to see changed so that it reflects your vision of Ropley in the future. Please also let us know if there are things you really like about the plan!
As part of the Neighbourhood Plan process, we were required to undertake a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA), and this can be downloaded here. If you have comments or feedback on the contents of the SEA please either include them in the general comments feedback box that follows the feedback area for policy 24 in the consultation tool, or send an email to email@example.com.
To facilitate your feedback we have established a consultation webpage through which you can provide your feedback and comments on ANYTHING in the plan. We are grateful to futuredynamix.com for this support.
If you are not online, feedback forms can be collected from the Courtyard Village Shop and returned either at the Courtyard Village Shop or by post to:
Ropley Neighbourhood Plan Consultation, c/o The Courtyard Village Shop, Church Street, Ropley, SO24 0DS.
All feedback will be acknowledged, collated and reviewed. If there is sufficient strength of feeling about particular proposals then the Neighbourhood Plan team and Parish Council will consider changes to the draft plan, and any amendments to the plan will be discussed and voted on at the next available Parish Council meeting.
Once this consultation process has concluded and any amendments have been voted through, the plan becomes the Ropley Neighbourhood Plan submission document to East Hampshire District Council (EHDC), who then take ownership of the remainder of the process. EHDC will then review the plan and consult with the required statutory bodies. The plan will then be subject to examination by an independent external examiner. Any changes required by the examiner will be returned to the Parish Council who can either accept or reject the changes. If these are accepted the Plan will then be subject to a parish wide referendum administered by EHDC, and, if approved by more than 50% of votes, become part of the local planning policy for Ropley.