Dates for your diaries
• Thursday 7th July – come along and join us at our social event, speaker details to follow.
• Thursday 1st September the Ropley History Network and Archive group will be holding a social evening with a local speaker, John Snow from the Meon Valley Archaeology & Heritage Group who will be talking about settlement in the Meon Valley through the ages. .
• Thursday 20th October photographic voting and social evening. Our speaker will be Dr Chris Heale talking about the inspiration behind his third book in the ridge trilogy.
All Ropley Society meetings are open to all so please come along and bring your friends and neighbours.
Visit our website www. ropleysociety.org for more details on all our social events and updates on other items of interest.
The Ropley Photographic Competition
The 2022 photographic competition is now open for submissions, the best entries from which will form the 2023 Ropley Village Calendar
• Photographs can be from anywhere within the BisMonRopTis area (maximum of 4 entries per person).
• Open to anyone who lives in the BisMonRopTis area (who receives the magazine)
• The best 13 photographs will be published in the 2023 Ropley Village Calendar (available at the Victorian Market, and in the Courtyard Shop).
• We have prize categories for Photographers under 11 and aged 11 – 16
• The closing date for submission of pictures is 1 October 2022.
Don’t delay… send your entries (in jpeg format only and in landscape please, with a title and if possible, a location) on email to email@example.com.
If you are entering the under 11 or 11 – 16 age categories, please also include your age with your entry.
If you want your photos to be included in the 2023 Ropley Calendar please ensure that they are landscape format and high resolution, otherwise they cannot be reproduced for printing.
Unfortunately, we can only accept digital photographs.
All other competition rules available on request from firstname.lastname@example.org